Wednesday, December 8, 2010

the first 3 months of divorce through the eyes of a 14/15 year old.

"Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck.  If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and to the left."Jean Kerr. 


This is so beyond true, my parents are recently going through a divorce. I can attest to the rumor that the kids get the worst end of the whole thing, it sucks major butt. if  you don't believe me, after you have heard our story, you can stick it in your juice box and suck it. 


before i start, you have to realize that my parents NEVER should have gotten married but they did. they had a honeymoon baby, then my mom popped out us other 3 so they stayed together "for the kids" pile o' bull (it teaches kids its okay not to be treated like a queen and be respected. so don't do it, your just making it harder for us kids in the long run). 


       It all really started getting bad  in the summer of 2010. august 11th, that was the day my dad left us, the day my sister liz turned 16.
 all the arguements can be traced back to the water bill. that summer the water had been shut off  (the entire summer!) so we had the bill to pay + the shut off fees. my dad decided that my mom had to figure out a way to turn it back on, to teach her a lesson, so when she went to the bishop of our ward to get some help with the bills my dad got mad. so we went to bear lake to have some fun in the sun. in my defense i did not talk my mom into it, but i didnt really talk her out of it either... anyway my dad made a big deal about how much gas we used but we only used like one tank of gas and my sister cat paid for half of it. anyway he got mad that we werent using the money wisely. a month into it (guesstimation) we got a family pass to the bountiful rec center. we went there about once a week, we wanted hot showers and my dad wanted to teach us how to dive. this entire time my parents are attempting to go on dates and  "fix it" but coming home even more pissed off at each other.
in august was my sister liz's 16th birthday. it was 80's themed. the entire party my dad didnt even talk to her, dance with her, nothing. then he didnt come home that night.

*to be contined*

1 comment:

Brad's gaggle of girls said...

Fist, I love you Bear. You are truly amazing. Second, I'm Not a fan of your profile pic... I'm just sayin'. Third, I'm sorry that you and your sisters have gone through the living hell that you have had to go through this last year. It will get better. At least that is what they say.