Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What to do...what to do...

College seems to be the hardest decision I have ever attempted to make. In state or out of state? Dorm or home? Certificate program or degree? How the heck are ya gonna pay for it?!
So far I have looked into the DATC, Le Cordon Bleu Seattle, and the Art Institute of Seattle...
If I went to DATC i'm completely payed for. Get a degree, live at home and just commute to school. (i know this sounds like the best plan)
Cordon Bleu is one of the best culinary schools in the world. And also the school I have dreamed about since 3rd grade. But they only do a certificate program. Tuition is about $17,000.
The art institute has one of the best culinary programs in America. They also do legitimate degrees. For a whopping $43,000.
I'm approved for a $5,500 pell grant. I have no money saved up so I would have to work as well as be in school if I went anywhere in Seattle. The reason i'm looking into schools in Seattle is because I already have friends and family out there.
My friends are going on a road trip in June to Cali and have asked if I want to come with. If I go I have to save up a minimum of $500. I would also be forfeiting any Seattle schools to pay for the trip.
I can't decide between settling for a school with no importance to the culinary industry and my dream... What would you do? How did you guys pay for college?

3 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

Go to DATC, get a degree, find a good job, save money and then go to culinary school. :)

Andrew and Gina said...

what?! seriously, how did you get to be old enough to be making choices about college?!

Good luck making your choice.

Brad's gaggle of girls said...

I am indeed agree with Carrot... Glad that is the plan.
You are a wonderful daughter who I am so amazingly proud of. But despite the trials, you and your sisters have endured the last 2 years I am always impressed me with your growth, love and independence. You will make your dreams come true!! Love Mom